MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA SERIES 16
CONTESTANT APPLICATION FORM
Rules of Entry & Instructions:
- All applications must be submitted on-line. Applications received by post cannot be accepted.
- Answer all questions honestly and to the best of your ability.
- We will be unable to reply to all applicants individually. You will only hear from us if we wish to request further information, to setup an interview or to invite you to an audition.
- Please ensure you read, fully understand and meet the eligibility requirements before applying to be a contestant on MasterChef Series 16, Australia (“Program”). The full terms & conditions are at the bottom of this page. (Terms & Conditions)
- Please attach a Digital Photograph of yourself to your application.
- Please attach Digital Photographs of dishes you have cooked recently. Minimum of 3 photo’s required, but more are encouraged. Your application is not complete until these photographs are included.
- VIDEO: Feel free to upload a 1-3 minute video of yourself displaying your skills in the kitchen as well as introducing to us who you are and what food/cooking means to you. If you require more information regarding submitting a video, please email: email@example.com.
THIS VIDEO IS ENCOURAGED BUT NOT MANDATORY
- You must be aged 18 years or above by Monday 16th October 2023.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You cannot be, or be closely related to, a member of any of the staff or employees of Endemol Shine Australia Pty Ltd (“Producer”) or Network Ten or any company related to either of them.
- You cannot have any formal tertiary or other professional cooking qualifications (for example a Certificate 3 or 4 in Hospitality Commercial Cookery/Cooking or similar) acquired in the last 10 years.
- All MasterChef contestants must be amateurs. Applicants with previous professional or semi-professional kitchen experience (if deemed by the Producers of the Program would create an unfair advantage), will not be eligible.
- Your main source of income cannot come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (e.g. restaurants, hotels, cafes, catering etc). What constitutes a professional environment is at the discretion of the Producer, but notably the routine preparation of a meal, menu or dish will deem an applicant ineligible. PLEASE NOTE: very basic food preparation (e.g. heating/assembling pre-made food) may be considered eligible at the Producers entire discretion.
- You must be able to commit to all the filming days required. The filming dates are between October 2023 and May 2024 for approximately 30 weeks with a break over Christmas and New Year.
- You cannot have been arrested or charged in connection with, or convicted of, any serious crime.
- Submission of an application form and compliance with the above terms does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the Program.
- The Producer may (or may not) invite you to an interview or to attend an audition at its discretion. When selecting applicants for MasterChef, the following will be taken into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive, love of food, desire to advance your life in a food orientated direction.
- Applicants must comply with all directions of the Producer relating to workplace health and safety, including any social distancing and health measures as may be required by law.
- The Producer's decisions regarding selection of applicants and contestants for the Program are final and not subject to any review or appeal.
- The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 13th August 2023.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO REGULARLY SAVE YOUR APPLICATION AS YOU GO.
THE SYSTEM WILL TIME OUT AFTER A PERIOD OF INACTIVITY AND UNSAVED WORK WILL BE LOST.